What Is a Charcoal Toothbrush:
In dental care, one of the newest trends is Charcoal toothbrushes. People are researching about and using activated charcoal brushes to achieve benefits that a regular toothbrush does not offer.
The first thing you would want to know is what is a charcoal toothbrush? And how to use a charcoal toothbrush? It is a toothbrush with bristles infused with charcoal, on a handle made out of wood, mainly bamboo.
So, when you are brushing your teeth you are also applying the activated charcoal on your teeth. And what is this charcoal? It is a fine grain power activated by heating at a high temperature. The powder consists of oxidizing coal, coconut shells, olive pits, etc.
What Benefits Can a Charcoal Toothbrush Provide?
By using this product you can achieve the following benefits:
Charcoal toothbrushes bind to the components like coffee, wine, or cigarette stains. You can remove these stains from your teeth and make them whiter.
These brushes give you a fresh breath for your day.
Charcoal brushes have antibacterial properties so they do not let bacteria live on them. Studies show that many bacteria on regular toothbrushes are about double the number of bacteria on a charcoal brush.
Increases pH level of your mouth:
The absorbent nature of charcoal also increases the mouth’s pH level.
Charcoal toothbrushes have been found to have antibacterial properties.
Charcoal toothbrushes are in demand by those who care for the environment. And, try to use natural products and avoid plastic as they are usually totally biodegradable.
How to Use a Charcoal Toothbrush:
- If you are worried that you would have to rub charcoal on your teeth and it would be too messy and disgusting it is not like that. These brushes are already made with coal and other organic ingredients so you don’t have to use them again.
- It is not a good idea to replace your regular toothbrush with the charcoal one for everyday use for a long period. Because that can damage the enamel of your teeth, and that damage is irreversible. The better way to use it is to use a controlled amount for only up to three times a week.
- Beware that there are potential disadvantages and consequences of these products. Use them sparingly.
- Another good idea is to use it sometimes between the regular brushing and not regularly.
- Keep in mind that the more natural product you choose the better it is for the environment. When you choose a product like these bamboo handle toothbrushes they are completely biodegradable. You do not have to feel guilty for polluting the environment when you stop using it.
Which Charcoal Toothbrush to Choose?
- It depends mostly upon personal preference. But the important thing you should consider while buying a charcoal toothbrush is the head size. Because you want to be able to comfortably move it around. The type of material used, and the texture of the bristles. You need to know how soft or hard the bristles are and what suits you the best.
- Choosing the most nature-friendly product is always a good choice and these brushes are usually totally biodegradable.
- Also, make sure that your dentist recommends the option you are choosing.
Charcoal toothbrushes are currently in trend and you should try them. The best way to find out how effective they are for your teeth is to do a comparison. Use a charcoal toothbrush for a week or two and see if you notice some positive changes in your oral health. Experiment on what works best for you and then decide.
The usage is easy. Make sure you buy a good brush that is comfortable for you. You can also go for other charcoal options for your oral b charcoal toothbrush. There are options like charcoal powder or charcoal capsules which have also been in trend lately.