Looking out for ways how to get rid of hickeys? A hickey is a purplish red bruise on the skin caused by suction. The neck is mostly where one gets a hickey but it depends on person to person. When the person bites on another person’s skin the extreme pressure breaks blood vessels under the skin. As a result, tiny spots of blood appear on the skin which is called petechiae.
Hickeys are commonly known as Love bite. Hickeys are not supported by the public. If you have a hickey and go out people will judge you no matter what, it is not normalized in our society. The hickeys normally last for 2 weeks but you can get rid of the hickeys within 2 or 3 days. Great health, in general, helps in healing the bruise more quickly. Here are some of the ways of how to get rid of a hickey.
Different Ways of Getting Rid of a Hickey
- To lower the swelling and redness of the hickey put ice over it. Take a piece of cloth cover it around the ice and put it on your hickey for 15 minutes, many times a day.
- Use a piece of cloth soaked in warm water, place it on your hickey and smoothly press it.
- Take a concealer of your skin tone and apply it on your hickey it will reduce the redness and won’t look awkward in public.
- Use a big bandage to hide your hickey.
- Use a scarf and wrap it around your neck to hide a hickey or you can wear a collared shirt which will help you hide the hickey. This is how you can how to get rid of hickeys fast.
How to Get Rid of Hickeys with a Spoon
How to get rid of hickeys with a Spoon. Place a metal spoon in a fridge for an hour when it is cooled enough apply it directly on the hickey. This will drop down the rate of blood flowing through the broken capillaries. Moreover, it might also help you in minimizing the bruise of a hickey. This is a very effective way and many people have experienced this technique which proved to be a success.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey Overnight ?
How to get rid of hickeys overnight, apply aloe vera as soon as you see a bruise. If you don’t have aloe vera at home then apply pressure on the side of your hickey promptly. It will slow down the blood flow and will stop the bruise from getting larger. If all of this didn’t work then use toothpaste. Take a small amount of toothpaste on your finger then brush it off against your hickey gently. It might cause pricking for a little time but once it stops use a warm cloth and rub it off your hickey, if the scar remains there then repeat the process for 2-3 days straight.
Ways to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
- Cold stuff may help in lowering the redness of a hickey. Use any cold object and place it on your hickey for 10 minutes it will gradually slow down the flow of blood through capillaries.
- After applying a cold compress, try using a warm compress on the third day use a warm cloth and rub it gently against your hickey for 10 minutes it will increase the circulation of blood and prevent red spots on your neck.
- Massaging is the next step, massage that spot of hickey every day, very softly to reduce the pain.
- Use diluted and naturally extracted oil without any chemicals. Apply it on your hickey 2-3 times a day. Add 2-3 drops of coconut oil to give a soothing effect.
- How to get rid of hickeys Another way is to take vitamin K capsules because vitamin helps in blood clotting so it will cure the bruise immediately. If you cant eat capsules then apply topical vitamin K or eat food rich in Vitamin K such as Brown rice. These will provide the same effect. Use vitamin C, to reduce the redness of the bruise. It contains antitoxins to help in blood clotting. It makes your skin fresh and soft. Topical vitamin C also helps in building up the tissues of the skin which could heal your hickey.
- Use a banana peel mask on your hickey. This technique will help in healing the bruise. Use the inner side of the banana and rub it against your hickey for 2-3 minutes until it becomes brown. Repeat this process every day and you will see the results.
- Topical and arnica are widely used and that is why it is available on any pharmacy. Apply it daily gently with proper care you will see the results in just 3 days.
How to Give a Hickey?
Hickey is given from a mouth. With the help of your mouth, press your lips on another person’s skin and suck it for a few seconds you can also bite it gently out of passion (but don’t be so hard on the other person as it will bring discomfort to them), do this for 10-20 seconds to leave a mark on their skin. You can also give a hickey by constantly kissing on one side of the body part and applying pressure to it.
What Does a Dermatologist Say about Instant Removal of a Hickey?
According to dermatologists, no hack can ever reduce the size of a bruise in a day. The broken vessels always take time to heal. According to them, using toothpaste or a brush wouldn’t be good for the skin as the toothpaste contains some ingredients which are toxic for the skin. This will end up in irritation and could become worse. Similarly using a brush on your wound is like scratching it more it can lead to a larger-sized bruise if used.
Ways to Prevent a Hickey
- Avoid kissing on one specific area very hard. If your partner does it then communicate. Continuously kissing on one side can stop the circulation of blood in that area and may cause a hickey.
- Avoid the intake of aspirin when a hickey appears because aspirin makes the bruise larger.
- Reduce the pressure when kissing, because otherwise, the pressure will not stimulate the flow of blood and it will lead to a bruise.
- If you see a small bruise appearing on your neck immediately apply ice over it. Keep using it 2-3 times a day to minimize its size.
- Kiss your partner gently, don’t be so hard on them that you might end up hurting. Not everyone wishes for a hickey some people find it gross, so first, discuss with your partner about their likings and disliking.
Are Hickeys Considered Bad?
In most cases, hickeys are not supported by society. They judge the person who has a hickey and makes assumptions about them. Many people find hickeys disrespectful and start assuming stuff like “their partner might be abusive, etc. But it is not the case. However, some people find it as a language of love.
Hickeys are a sign of love language. Having a spot on your skin means that you were shown, love. How to get rid of hickeys. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a hickey. And, it’s high time that we stop judging the person with a hickey and start appreciating it.